From: Pieter van 't Hof (pieter.van.t.hof_at_logica.com)
Date: Fri Sep 04 2009 - 09:00:56 CDT

Hello,

I downloaded the source code from 1.8.7, compiled the plugins, and
eventually managed to compile vmd itself (after altering the Makefile
for some references as TCL include dir, etc)

Now, when I start VMD from the command line, only the OpenGL window
shows up. Normally one could open the main window by typing "menu main
open" in the vmd command prompt. However, this has no effect. When the
menu list is requested, the main menu is not listed. How is this
possible? Is this a known problem? I've tried several other menu's (like
"menu imd on" etc. This al works fine.

Below the output of a session where I tried to open the main menu.

Thanks in advance,

Pieter van 't Hof
MSc student
Utrecht University, The Netherlands

===

Info) VMD for LINUX, version 1.8.7 (September 4, 2009)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 2 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 1643MB (83%)
Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display occurs
Warning) try disabling this optional X server feature.
Info) OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 965GM GEM 20090326 2009Q1 RC2
x86/MMX/SSE2
Info) Features: STENCIL MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVF)
Info) Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
Info) Textures: 2-D (2048x2048), 3-D (256x256x256), Multitexture (8)
vmd > menu list
apbsrun contactmap hbonds ilstools irspecgui multiseq namdenergy
namdplot pmepot gofrgui ramaplot rmsd rmsdtt saltbr symmetrytool
sequence timeline volmap biocorelogin biocorechat biocorepubsync
biocoreutil dataimport pdbtool stingtool multitext autoionize solvate
autopsf cggui dowser_gui inorganicbuilder membrane mergestructs
molefacture mutator nanotube paratool autoimd imd namdgui qmtool
navigate navfly cliptool clonerep colorscalebar dipwatch intersurf
vmdmovie multimolanim palettetool ruler viewmaster vdna tkcon
vmd > menu main on
vmd > menu main status
off
vmd > exit
Info) VMD for LINUX, version 1.8.7 (September 4, 2009)
Info) Exiting normally.

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail / Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu sch|tzen. / Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.