From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 04 2009 - 09:49:26 CDT

Hi,
  We don't have a gromacs plugin for reading the .itp or .top files,
so you'd either need to translate your structure into a PSF or some
other bond-specifying file format for which a VMD plugin exists,
or someone would need to write a VMD plugin to read these other gromacs
file types. If someone is interested in writing a VMD plugin for reading
more of the gromacs related files, I would be happy to provide assistance
and help get it going.