From: Yi Shang (mirandaisbest_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 21 2009 - 14:59:04 CDT

Hi all,
I have been using VMD for like 1 year looking at PDB files or AMBER files,
haven't had any problem. It's VMD 1.8.6 downloaded from VMD website.

Now I try to learn visualizing DCD files.

I downloaded equilibration.dcd from vmd tutorial web page. loaded it into
VMD.
It said it used plugin dcd, and then finished with equilibration.dcd file.
-I saw nothing on the screen.
-I went to 'representation' and clicked 'creat rep' (not like PDB files, VMD
did not create a representation for that DCD file).
Then I saw a box of atoms, represented by small white balls.
But I could not change representations, The only combination worked was
'selected atoms: all, Drawing Method: Line or Licorice'.
-I tried extension - analysis - sequence viewer, then VMD would crash
immediately telling me it encountered some problem and needs to close...

Do I need extra plugin to visualize DCD files? I am confused.

--
Miranda