From: Erik Abrahamsson (erik_at_phas.ubc.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 30 2009 - 18:25:41 CDT

Hi all,

Just for you information, our group has recently developed BioVEC, a
simple program specifically intended for visualizing coarse-grained
molecules with elliptic constituents. The orientation of the ellipsoids
is specified either by quaternions or in the ANISOU format. BioVEC is
basic and simple, but until VMD includes the feature of drawing
ellipsoids, BioVEC might be a suitable compliment.

The program and source code can be downloaded from
http://www.phas.ubc.ca/~steve/BioVEC/
The paper, accepted for publication in JMGM, describing BioVEC can be
found at
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmgm.2009.05.001

Thanks,

Erik Abrahamsson