From: Baumert, Uwe Dr.rer.nat. (Uwe.Baumert_at_med.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Mon Jun 22 2009 - 04:18:54 CDT

Hello,

I'm currently testing the latest beta of VMD on different platforms. I found, that on a machine with WinXP (SP3) and Quadro FX3450/4000 graphics card, the program dies after the GUI comes up. The command window looks ok (see screenshot1.jpg).

I checked the email archive and found the reverence to the environment variable VMDGLSLVERBOSE. Setting this to "1" ( VMDGLSLVERBOSE=1) also resulted in a dump with screenshot2.jpg.

The previous version 1.8.6 worked fine. But upon closing this also crashes.

I suppose, this has something to do with the driver version I use. I checked the email archive but found no hints on a specific version.

Thank you very much in advance,

Uwe Baumert

Uwe Baumert, Ph.D.
Department of Orthodontics