From: Benjamin Bouvier (benjamin.bouvier_at_ibcp.fr)
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 09:48:29 CDT

Hi all,

I usually run VMD on a remote Linux machine (cluster frontend) and use
MacOs's X11 implementation to forward the display to my MacBook Pro. This
used to work fine.

No so since I upgraded MacOS from 10.5.6 to the latest 10.5.7. The
contents of the VMD OpenGL window flash very quickly (one frame is white,
the second one is the actual VMD rendering), making VMD unusable. This
occurs with VMD 1.8.6 and 1.8.7, both 32 and 64 bits.

I read that Apple had done modifications to X11 in 10.5.7. However, the
problem seems limited to VMD : glxgears for instance is forwarded OK, as
are all non-openGL windows (including the VMD Main window).

Are there any other users experiencing this ? Is there a simple cure ?

Thanks,

--
Benjamin Bouvier