From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 09:19:21 CDT

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 14:39 +0100, Whiteside, Alexander wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm having some trouble rendering electrostatic potential cube files
> (produced by Gaussian through the usual chk->fchk->cube method). The
> HF files render properly but with one exception, files produced using
> MP2 or QCI potentials aren't read properly, and thus I can't get a
> volume slice or a coloured isosurface based on that potential. The
> command line is reporting "error reading volumetric data set 1".

alex,

can you please send a selection of failing files
in a tar.gz or zip archive to me personally?

i don't see anything obviously wrong in your procedure
and i'm not aware of any limitations to the cube reader
that would apply to your situation. thus it is likely
that that is a bug in the plugin and this is something
that i'd like to get fixed ASAP.

thanks,
    axel.