From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 19 2009 - 20:28:10 CDT

Hi Christoph,
  At present their driver only supports Direct X, and not OpenGL.
Their FAQs indicate that they plan to address this, but there is
no time frame listed. You may want to ping them on this point to
demonstrate interest in having OpenGL support. I believe their current
implementation is also focused on full-screen applications, though that
might be something we could work around by making a full-screen mode
for the VMD graphics window for cases like this.