From: Eric H. Lee (ericlee_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 14:26:24 CDT

You can use Tachyon to rerender the image using the source .dat file
generated from VMD (choose Tachyon instead of snapshot) into almost
any image format you want, for example lossless .tga

-Eric

On May 7, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Tawhid Ezaz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't open the BMP snapshot from vmd with picassa or ImageJ, but I
> can open it windows picture and fax viewer. I am wondering why this
> is happening. Does VMD uses a different codec or something? I need
> to open the bmp file with Image J as I have to do some post
> processing there.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tawhid

Eric H. Lee
Medical Scholars Program
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group, UIUC
ericlee_at_ks.uiuc.edu