From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 11:06:57 CDT

Hi Mingjun,
if you use snapshot, the resolution of the resulting figure will be your
screen resolution. You may want to use another renderer (eg., Tachyon),
where you can specify the resolution. See the VMD images tutorial (
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/vmd-ref/imgmv/tutorial-html/index.html)
for more information.
Best,
Peter