From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 26 2009 - 21:38:22 CDT

Hi,
  In addition to copying the shared library(ies) as already
suggested by Axel, one can compile VMD from source in a text-only
build that doesn't need the OpenGL libraries. I'd suggest trying
Axel's suggestion first, but if you are unable to get that working,
I can provide you with a text only build of VMD next week when I
return from travelling.