From: Samuel Coulbourn Flores 花山 (scflores_at_stanford.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 19:43:59 CST

Hi Guys,

I downloaded binaries to install VMD on Ubuntu and followed
instructions to install. I don't have root privileges so I installed
it in a home directory. I then changed two variables in the configure
script and ran with no error messages, then did a make install. On
running VMD I got a message like [1] 1234 or some such which would
indicate the process started, but no XWindow pops up. I also don't
see anything like "vmd" running when I query the scheduler. I found a
thread in the archives which advises checking that the $DISPLAY
variable is set correctly, but it is not said what the correct value
of this variable should be. On my machine it's :0.0. Can you help?

Many thanks

Sam

On Mar 4, 2009, at 11:41 AM, Jianping Lin wrote:

> Thanks John.
>
> Jianping
>
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 4:35 PM, John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> You may want to have a look at CatDCD if that's all you're doing,
> as it does straightforward conversions like this quite easily:
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/MDTools/catdcd/
>
> I'll probably update CatDCD pretty soon as we have new trajectory
> plugins
> and have made various other improvements since the version that's
> posted currently.
>
> Cheers,
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
>
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 03:30:33PM -0800, Jianping Lin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > How to convert DCD file into Amber trajectory file in vmd?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Jianping

Samuel Coulbourn Flores, PhD
Altman Lab