From: Nicolas (nsapay_at_ucalgary.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 16:04:17 CST

Heikki Kasnanen a écrit :
> Dear VMD-users and developers,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to use the "Goodsell" rendering style with any external rendering software (Tachyon preferred, of course) or is this shader currently limited to interactive graphics only?

Hello,

If it's what you are looking for, it is possible to do some cel-shading
with POV-Ray, like here (I'm not the author of this picture):

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPCR

I've obtained similar results with Megapov, an unofficial version of
POV-Ray. Otherwise, you can run VMD with the GLSL render mode and take a
full screen snapshot of the VMD window.

Cheers,
Nicolas