From: Irene Newhouse (einew_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 14:55:11 CST

OK, I finally got around to disabling SCIM using the command suggested on the VMD linux release notes in my .bashrc. When I did that, VMD failed to come up at all! I kept getting error message after error message from X11 & ended up having to reboot my system after I undid the change in my .bashrc.

Therefore, I downloaded VMD 1.8.7, & after that, I noticed some email messages indicating it has similar
SCIM issues, so I'm not sure that upgrading is going to help me out.

I also tried putting the XMODIFIERS command in my .vmdrc. There it has no effect - VMD comes up,
but I still can't enter data into Tk boxes.

Further suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks!
Irene