From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2009 - 22:01:19 CST

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Nikolay Simakov wrote:

NS> Thanks Alex,
NS>
NS>
NS> I do pretty much nothing with pdb just load whatever gromacs gives me.
NS>
NS> Here is how system looks
NS> http://crete.chem.cmu.edu/~mikola/ch1/ch2.png
NS> And here is pdb file:
NS> http://crete.chem.cmu.edu/~mikola/ch1/ch2.pdb
NS>
NS> Funny thing is that windows version eats it without problem,

and all the vmd versions (current cvs, self-compiled; 1.8.7a48;
1.8.7a33) that i have access to, work without a problem, too.

do you by any chance use native language support (aka NLS)?

can you try running vmd after an

export LC_ALL=C

(or in case you are on csh diet: setenv LC_ALL C )

and check whether it makes a difference?

that is about the only thing that i could imagine
that would be messing with the parsing (it can change
how sscanf recognizes numbers).

cheers,
   axel.