From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2009 - 18:29:11 CST

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Peter Varnai wrote:

PV> Hello,
PV>
PV> I cannot find a way to change the blue solid surface of my cylinder
PV> generated using 'graphics top cylinder {1 1 1} {0 0 0} resolution 3
PV> filled 1' to some transparent surface of any other colour (vmd 1.8.5
PV> opengl linux). I have been playing with 'material' without success.
PV> Any pointer would be very welcome.

peter,

you have to issue a "graphics top color <Name>" command before creating
the cylinder (well, prism). color commands apply to subsequent graphics
commands only, unlike the material, which is a global property.

if you still have problems, please post a complete script of what you
did and then people here can make suggestions based on that.

cheers,
  axel.