From: Roberto Gaspari (Roberto.Gaspari_at_empa.ch)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 03:09:43 CST

Good morning to all,
I've produced a trajectory with xyz files of a system with three different atoms. Each frame of the trajectory can be displayed correctly when loaded alone and all the three atoms have a different colour. When I cat the frames in a single trajectory file, and load this file to VMD, the animation starts correctly, but from the second frame on, the colours don't match anymore the correct atoms.
An example of my trajectory file would be:
3

Fe x1 y1 z1
Cu x2 y2 z2
Au x3 y3 z3
3

Fe x4 y4 z4
Fe x5 y5 z5
Au x6 y6 z6

PS My trajectory frames have a constant number of overall atoms, but the number of individual species changes at every step.. maybe this can be a problem?

Best Regards,
Roberto Gaspari