From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2008 - 09:34:29 CDT

Just to clear up a misconception I've seen in a couple places, both vim
(http://www.vim.org/download.php#pc) and emacs
(http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/) are available for windows;
that doesn't mean they're better choices than the windows-specific
editors that have been mentioned in this thread, but I wanted to point
out that those options are open regardless of your platform.
Best,
Peter