From: Emily Moore (emily.moore_at_utah.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 18:13:01 CDT

Didn't mean to start anything. :)

I meant csh was simple in the sense that it was straightforward to learn to
use, so Alejandro wouldn't think it was too time consuming to learn. In that
sense, my experience with other sorts of scripting languages has been the
same, that they are fairly straightforward to learn once you decide to do
so. Since csh was the first I was introduced to, I felt I could comment on
it.
As for the relative effectiveness/usefulness of the different scripting
languages I am certainly no expert and cannot comment on that.

~ Emily