From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2008 - 14:13:55 CDT

Hi,
  You'll only see the "FOG" lines when depth cueing has been enabled
in VMD. By default depth cueing is not enabled, so unless you have
enabled it either by checking the Display->Depth Cueing option in the
GUI, or by executing "display depthcue on", it will not be enabled
in Tachyon renderings. Please double check and let me know if you're
still having trouble.