From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2008 - 00:15:33 CDT

Hi,
  I haven't played with this in eons, but please try out the
"ufx" "ufy" and "ufz" atom selection keywords. You should be able
to set those values which if I recall correctly will transmit those
as force commands to the running MD simulation. My memory is hazy on
this as I haven't used it in years, but try that out and let me know
if it works for you. I'm going to be away from email until July 8th,
but I'll check back with you then.