From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun May 11 2008 - 00:48:35 CDT

Axel,
  I just looked at the CVS revisions for the LAAMMPS plugin
and VMD 1.8.6 already includes the version that avoided
using atom indices as names. My guess is that this problem
was caused by one of the other free-form formats like .xyz,
perhaps outputted by custom software or something, we'll see
what Alexandre says.