From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2008 - 14:45:02 CDT

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Anthony Ivetac wrote:

AI> Thanks John!

anthony,

AI> Could I render the trajectory in 2 stages - i.e. the protein movie with
AI> Tachyon and then the time_display bar movie with Snapshot and then merge
AI> them into a single MPG somehow? I am not sure how I would glue them together
AI> into a single movie file?

in principle you can do this for example with some unix shell
script and tools like ImageMagick, or netpbm. you just create
an image with the labels and then superimpose it on the rendered
tachyon images. just click on 'keep intermediate files'
and postprocess them and then rerun the compression manually.

cheers,
   axel.