From: Ben Chern (futuredream.1_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2008 - 10:21:11 CDT

I disabled the firewall and I got the error below:

cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.ks.uiuc.edu:2401 failed: A connection
attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a
period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has
failed to respond.

I suspected that I used proxy, so I added the proxy settings, but I got the
error below:

cvs [login aborted]: Proxy server connect failed:

it's the first time that I use CVS.
It's really cumbersome.

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Axel Kohlmeyer <
akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Ben Chern wrote:
>
> BC> Hello,
> BC> I installed wincvs, but cannot connect to the cvs.ks.uiuc.edu.
>
> please check the settings on your (windows and department) firewall.
>
> BC> Is there anyone who has download the source code using cvs under
> Windows XP?
>
> i don't use windows, but i can confirm, that the cvs.ks.uiuc.edu
> is accessible from the outside (just updated my checkout).
>
> cheers,
> axel.
>
> BC> Thank you in advance.

> Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu http://www.cmm.upenn.edu
> Center for Molecular Modeling -- University of Pennsylvania
> Department of Chemistry, 231 S.34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6323
> tel: 1-215-898-1582, fax: 1-215-573-6233, office-tel: 1-215-898-5425

Ben