From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 16:36:56 CST

Hi,
  I've forwarded a bounced VMD-L message:

----- Forwarded message from owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu -----
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:11:28 -0800
Subject: Re: saving a tiff file
From: Charles McCallum <cmmccallum_at_attbi.com>
To: vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu

Graphic Converter (which has been bundled with OS X) works for this
purpose. I would think anyone using OS X in science should seriously
consider using fink ("classic" unix files and programs), in which case
that old chestnut 'xv' is available also.

Cheers,

Mike
On Monday, Dec 16, 2002, at 15:43 US/Pacific, John Stone wrote:

> Dear Marcela,
> VMD can't save directly to TIFF files at present, however
> you can use another program to convert the BMP or RGB format images
> into a Tiff file if you wish. If you're using Unix (RGB files),
> a good converter program is ImageMagick. On Windows, I would think
> almost
> any program with TIFF support would do fine, since BMP is universally
> readable by Windows itself. I don't have a specific suggestion for
> MacOS X, perhaps someone else can give a hint there. In any case, it
> is (and should be) a relatively easy thing to do.
>
> Thanks,
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
>
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 04:01:30PM -0500, Marcela Madrid wrote:
>> hi, is
>> there a way to save a tiff file with VMD, so that I can
>> then render it on another machine?
>> thanks, Marcela

C. Michael McCallum
Associate Professor
Department of Chemistry, UOP    http://chem.cop.uop.edu
mmccallum .at. uop . edu                (209) 946-2636 v  / (209)
946-2607 fax
----- End forwarded message -----