From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 17:22:36 CST

Guys,
  The issue Axel is likely referring to is the difference between
face-centered and point-centered samples in volumetric maps. The plugin
authors may have attempted to convert between the two by padding the array,
but that's not the right way to do it in any case. We'll have to contact
the author of these plugins and determine why they added the padding.
If it's the issue above, this is correctly handled by scaling the grid
axes and not by padding the array. We'll have to see what they say.