From: Thomas C. Bishop (bishop_at_tulane.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 11:44:24 CST

thanks I played w/ pbctool and it does the tricks I want.
and I see that it does resize my box dynamically since the info is in
the DCD (FYI: other MD practitioners it's informative to see how small a
volume change really occurs in time!; I had to scale system to just a
small corner to see any changes in size of box. your results may vary)

but why do I have to
 pbc box -shiftcenter { 4 4 4 }

to get the box centered on the image of the system?
(shouldn't the default centering on the unit cell center the box on the
system)

any reason why they should or should not all be same value?
my system dimensions are
{128.945908 95.184196 127.153168 90.000000 90.000000 90.000000}

so I might expect 4 3 4 would work a bit better...and it does.

I presume this has something to do w/ how I initially set up the
simulation and how the PBC box size evolved during min/eq.
but is there any way to determine the shift value from NAMD output
files?

thanks

Tom

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 23:05 +0100, Olaf Lenz wrote:

--
*  Thomas C. Bishop   *