From: srtlscao (srtlscao_at_worldnet.fr)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 08:38:46 CST

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Magellan Spacemouse with VMD on SGI IRIX 6.5. I
have installed VMD w/ the VRPN support, and uncommented the
corresponding lines in the .vmdsensors file.
What I dont understand is the USL syntax :

(from documentation)
"The format for a USL is as follows:

     * USL - type://place/name:nums
     * type - the type of sensor (vrpntracker, vrpnbuttons,
vrpnfeedback, cavetracker, or cavebuttons)
     * place - the machine that controls it. Devices that cannot yet be
used on arbitrary computers over the network must have the keyword local
here to be compatible with future versions.
* name - the name of the device within that machine... "

In the .vmdsensors file, the USL used is :
vrpntracker://servername/Tracker0 , which doesnt work.
Should I use instead of "Tracker0" something like ttyd2, /dev/ttyd2, or
what else ?
I heard VRPN has a server and a client part, should I care, or is vmd
itself enough for anything to work?

Thanks

        Marc