From: Carsten Olbrich (ocarsten_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 10:58:32 CST

When I push the first button the yellow cone is revered to the right
side and the vmd console displays atom information but only if there
is atom at the cone end.

Regards,
  Carsten

On Nov 30, 2007 5:24 PM, John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Carsten,
> Interesting, the "quatlib" warning you mention is coming from VRPN,
> not from code in VMD itself. You may want to report that to the VRPN
> mailing list as it's probably a bug of some sort. Regarding the
> buttons, what do you get if you use this option:
> device spacenavbuttons vrpnbuttons://exciton/device0:0,1,2,3
>
> Cheers,
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
>

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 05:16:46PM +0100, Carsten Olbrich wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > I managed to recompile VMD (without the spaceball option).
> > But the result nearly the same :-(
> > except the warnings of conflicting versions of vrpn.
> >
> > It seams that the second button "works" if I use
> > device spacenavbuttons vrpnbuttons://exciton/device0:1
> > instead of device spacenavbuttons vrpnbuttons://exciton/device0
> > in .vmdsensors.
> > In this case "works" means that if I push this button a atom
> > information text is printed in the vmd console
> > but only if one changes the offset positon otherwise the vmd console
> > displays continuously:
> > quatlib: q_vec_normalize: vector has 0 magnitude.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Carsten
> >

> > On Nov 29, 2007 7:16 PM, John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'd suggest using the VRPN-based driver since you're using Linux.
> > > In order to use VMD with the bleeding-edge version of VRPN, you're going
> > > to need to recompile VMD from source, against the latest VRPN build.
> > > While VRPN client/server minor version differences often don't pose a
> > > problem, given that you're not seeing any motion in VMD, something may
> > > be incompatible between the versions. Let me know if you need more help
> > > getting this working.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > John Stone
> > > vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu

> > > --
> > > NIH Resource for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics
> > > Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
> > > University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801
> > > Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu Phone: 217-244-3349
> > > WWW: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/ Fax: 217-244-6078

With best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
                               Carsten Olbrich
Carsten Olbrich
Jacobs University Bremen *
Phone:  (+49) 421 200 3222
Fax:       (+49) 421 200 3229
Campus Ring 1  (Room III.49b)
28759 Bremen
Germany
 *  formerly International University Bremen