From: Carsten Olbrich (ocarsten_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 10:16:46 CST

Hi John,

I managed to recompile VMD (without the spaceball option).
But the result nearly the same :-(
except the warnings of conflicting versions of vrpn.

It seams that the second button "works" if I use
   device spacenavbuttons vrpnbuttons://exciton/device0:1
instead of device spacenavbuttons vrpnbuttons://exciton/device0
in .vmdsensors.
In this case "works" means that if I push this button a atom
information text is printed in the vmd console
but only if one changes the offset positon otherwise the vmd console
displays continuously:
quatlib: q_vec_normalize: vector has 0 magnitude.

Regards,
 Carsten