From: Nuno Loureiro Ferreira (nunolf_at_ci.uc.pt)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 03:45:32 CDT

Hi Kutty

Please remember. Post your vmd related questions to the mailing list.
VMD community likes to help ;-)
Took the liberty to re-direct your e-mail.

M kutty wrote:
> Hello Nuno,
> The specific problem is this.
> I am monitoring the distance the directions of movement of an atom
> (say "protein and resid 34 and name CA") atom with another atom in
> resid 43. But after around 0.5 ns the 34:CA just flips around and
> interacts with another atom in residue (say 121). Again the residue
> flips back and interacts with resid 44. So I want to highlight the
> interacting atoms at a specific time point with a VDW representation.
>
> I have a data file which is like this :
>
> TimeStep(ps) Residue and Atom Residue and Atom
> .
> .
> .
>
> 101 34 : CA
> 45 : CB
> 102 34 : CA
> 46 : CG
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> Which means that at 101ps 34:CA interacts with 45 : CB and so on.
>
> How can this be done ?

I never done that, but ...
Check Axel's excellent cpmd-vmd manual at
http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/index.html
 Read the dynamic atom selection chapter (chap 6), it could give you
some answers.
Cheers,
Nuno