From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 15:09:49 CDT

Hi,
  Please check out the various VMD tutorials that are available.
There are a number of good examples that describe various ways of
applying user-defined coloring to structures by setting the
"Beta" and "User" fields using the atom selection text commands,
depending on whether you want a static, unchanging color scheme or
a time-varying color scheme. I think Axel's CPMD-VMD tutorial in
particular shows a couple of these.