From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2007 - 08:15:36 CDT

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Panichakorn Jaiyong wrote:

PJ> Hello,
PJ> I am a new user of FC5. After the autoconf and automake of FC5 are updated, there has been a problem to generate the Makefile from the configuration script.

nuch,

please keep in mind, that fedora core 5 was one of the more
troublesome fedora releases and i strongly recommend to upgrade
to at least core 6 (_much_ faster due to shared library relocation
caching) or fedora 7. you will want to keep your machine up to
date for a while (running 'yum update' after a fresh install of
any fedora release is strongly recommended) and updates to FC5
may be dropped at some point in the not so far future.

cheers,
   axel.

p.s.: as john noted, checking out the linux release notes for VMD
is also hugely important. there are many different distributions
out there and it is next to impossible to build binaries that
run reliably everywhere...