From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 19:55:21 CDT

Hi Margaret,
  The old test version you've got won't work with the plugins that
Brian is building as we've changed a lot of things since that test
version. You'll need to use this test version that I've put up on
FTP here:
 ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/mdscope/vmd/alpha/vmd-1.8a28.bin.LINUX.opengl.tar.gz

Try that version with Brian's plugins and let me know if you're still
having problems

Thanks!
  John Stone
  johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu