From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 11:42:08 CDT

Dear VMD-L,
  Just to followup on the previous RMSD discussion, the RMSD
feature is in fact working fine, this problem was a user
error after all.

----- Forwarded message from Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru_at_mpi-bpc.mpg.de> -----

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:33:58 +0200
From: Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru_at_mpi-bpc.mpg.de>
To: justin_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Subject: Re: the same problem

Hi!
 Thanks for Reply but I realized the problem. I had to fit first and
then to calculate and now it works pretty fine. The problem was that I
tried it this way (fitting first) a while a go but there was an error in
my script by that time. Now I fixed it and so far I managed to calculate
a lots of combinations of rmsd values for different sstructures and
selections and it seems to work.
Thanks a lot and sorry if I have given headaches with otherwise a very
simple thing that became complicated only because of a stupid mistake of
mine.
 Best wishes,
vlad

----- End forwarded message -----