From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 15:15:27 CDT

Dear Pawel,
  VMD 1.7.1 will not work in your CAVE as it had some internal software
bugs. We have fixed these problems in VMD 1.8, so I would recommend that
you download one of the pre-release versions of VMD 1.8 instead. The default
cave sensor settings in the .vmdsensors file included with VMD should be
enough to get you started if you run the new version. From the symptoms
you described, I think that just upgrading to the pre-release version of
VMD 1.8 should take care of the majority of your problems. Please let us
know if you need more help getting it running.

Thanks,