From: Christian Simon (christian.simon_at_ppce.jussieu.fr)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 17:06:20 CDT

Dear List,

I would like to buy an Apple G4 Titanium laptop. Considering my budget,
I have the choice to buy:
-either the one with 667MHz proc, 1 Mb level 3 cache, 32 Mb video card
(ATI Mobility Radeon 7500), 256 Mb RAM,
-either the one with 667MHz proc, no lvl 3, 16 Mb video card
(ATI Mobility Radeon) 512 Mb ram.

The guys at the shop told me I would not see the difference on the
laptop screen, but only on external high resolution devices, and
consequently advise me to buy the cheapest one ! I would like to believe them...

The way VMD is implemented, would it make any difference ?
Has anyone experience with these laptops ?

--
Christian SIMON
The Center for Molecular Modeling  (CMM, Rm. 141I)