From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 10:09:07 CDT

Dear Wuwei,
  You can use VMD's atom selection mechanism to control the display
of individual atoms by typing an atom selection into the input field
in the graphics form.

This is described more fully in the VMD user's guide here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.7.1/ug/node78.html

Let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks,