From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 09:18:24 CDT

Hi,
  I'm forwarding Andrew Henry's post, since the list bounced his first
attempt:

----- Forwarded message from owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu -----
From: Andrew Henry <Andrew.Henry_at_mpi.com>
To: "'Paul Hubbard'" <phubbard_at_post.its.mcw.edu>
Cc: vmd <vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
Subject: RE: Animation
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:33:49 +0100

Paul Hubbard [mailto:phubbard_at_post.its.mcw.edu] wrote:

>Thanks for the reponses. I have been thinking, if I interpolate the 2
>molecules, the correponding atoms would move in a straight line. This
>would be bad since they actually move in arc (i.e., torsion about 2 bonds).

>I would like all bond lengths (and most bond angles) fixed. If you could
>tell me what commands I need for interpolation about multiple torsion
>angles, and some poniters/example scripts, that would be great.

The Morphing server at http://bioinfo.mbb.yale.edu/molmovdb/morph/
might help with this. You can get up to 30 semi plausible intermediate
structures between a start and finish structures that you supply.

Andrew Henry
Senior Research Associate
Millennium Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Granta Park
Great Abington
Cambridge CB1 6ET
tel +44 1223 722453
fax +44 1223 722401
Andrew.Henry_at_mpi.com

message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy
this message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does
not consent to Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us
immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in
this message are not given or endorsed by Millennium Pharmaceuticals
Limited unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative
independent of this message.

----- End forwarded message -----