From: Timm Essigke (essigke_at_chemie.fu-berlin.de)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 07:44:28 CDT

Dear VMD-L,

is it possible to render only slices of a surface? I would like to
represent the surface of a protein by a line without volume.
With the near and far clip it is possible, but I want to show the inside
of the protein at the same time without clipping. PovRay (for raytracing
of the figure later) ignores the clipping of VMD anyway (a bug?).
Is it e.g. possible to render a surface (slice), save it to a file and
load it afterwards?
This would allow some hand editing of the surface file. Is there a
method to load MSMS surfaces from a file?

A selection using a x,y,z-range results in a surface of the atoms in
this range, but not in this part of the protein surface.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Timm