From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 16:43:57 CDT

Hi,
  I've just talked with Michel Sanner about MSMS 2.5.3, and he's
got a new download page that will contain the newer versions...
I'm waiting for him to get back to me on the final URL and all of
this stuff, but as soon as he does, I'll (or he will) send an
announcement to VMD-L telling where to get MSMS 2.5.3...

About your questions 2) and 3):
  Often times the rendered viewpoint in VMD does not precisely match what
is rendered with the external ray tracing programs. I don't know if we had
some problems with the scene export in VMD 1.5, not that I can remember,
but if so all of those codes were significantly updated in the newer
pre-release versions of VMD 1.6, so they might be worth trying out to see
if that solves your problem.

I (or Michel) will send a note to VMD-L when the MSMS 2.5.3 binaries are
all up and available. (I helped him build 5 new binaries just today, so
its just a matter of having things ready on his web site I believe)

Thanks for using VMD!