From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 11:06:03 CDT

Hi Riccardo,
  I'd recommend taking a look at the programs listed on this web page:
http://www.povray.org/links/3D_Animation_Utilities/

There are many animation utilities listed there, some of which should
be useful for making AVI or MPEG files from sequences of BMP, Targa, or
other file formats. These are probably the best solution for VMD users
on the Windows platform, although some of these utilities work on Unix
platforms as well.

Thanks for using VMD!