From: Abdul Kadir Mukarram (mukarram_at_siswa.um.edu.my)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2014 - 02:55:15 CST

Hi everyone,

I am new to Molecular Dynamics field and I wanna learn NAMD to run
molecular dynamics of certain proteins.

I have problems when I am trying to compile NAMD 2.9_Linux-x86_64 under a
dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5405 machine and it's using Scientific Linux.
For your information, I am a basic user of Linux, but I am eager to learn
more.

Fftw, tcl, gcc, g++, and charm++ were all successfully installed. But when
I am trying to compile NAMD, I cannot find "Make.charm" file nor the config
file under my working directory (the directory of extracted NAMD tar.gz
file). I cannot figure out what's wrong with my steps as I followed the
tutorial carefully. I've even tried different versions of charm and NAMD
file but still it's not working.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you very much before.

Regards,