From: Timothy Isgro (timisgro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2007 - 16:18:54 CST

Hi Won-Young,

What exactly do you want to do with the COM? Please include more
detail in your questions. Yes, it is possible to analyze COM
properties, and a full answer on everything that can be done would be
very long.

Also, please take some time to search the tutorial-l, vmd-l, and namd-
l archives, as well as the VMD and NAMD user's guides, since many of
the simpler tasks and questions have been addressed. For instance, I
answered a question concerning COM velocity just yesterday on this
list. This mailing list is for beginners, and no question is too
basic to be posted here. But before posting, please do a basic
amount of research into the topic to avoid duplicating answers which
are already documented.

-Tim

On Feb 16, 2007, at 1:09 PM, <wahn_at_uiuc.edu> <wahn_at_uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Dear NAMD users,
>
> Have anyone analyzed a center of mass of a segment throughout a dcd
> trajectory file?
>
> If you did, could you inform me how to do it?
>
> I appreciate your help in advance.
>
> Won-Young
> **
> ** Visit http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/ for more info on