Mission Bay, Genentech Hall, Room S414
600 16th Street
San Francisco, CA 94143
Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. in Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2013
- M.S. in Physics, Florida International University, 2007
- B.S. in Applied Physics, Xi'an Jiaotong University, 2004
Highlights I, II, III
Highlights I, II
- Atomic structure of Hsp90-Cdc37-Cdk4 reveals that Hsp90 traps and stabilizes an unfolded kinase.
- Comparing fast pressure jump and temperature jump protein folding experiments and simulations.
- Stable small quantum dots for synaptic receptor tracking on live neurons.
- Molecular insights into the membrane-associated phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase IIα
- Observation of complete pressure-jump protein refolding in molecular dynamics simulation and experiment.
- Single molecule FRET reveals pore size and opening mechanism of a mechano-sensitive ion channel.
- Flexible interwoven termini determine the thermal stability of thermosomes.
- Misplaced helix slows down ultrafast pressure-jump protein folding.
- Fusion pore formation and expansion induced by Ca2+ and synaptotagmin 1.
- Atomic model of rabbit hemorrhagic disease virus by cryo-electron microscopy and crystallography.
- Structural characterization of λ-repressor folding from all-atom molecular dynamics simulations.
- Extension of a three-helix bundle domain of myosin VI and key role of calmodulins.
- Formation of salt bridges mediates internal dimerization of myosin VI medial tail domain.
- Challenges in protein-folding simulations.
- Flow-induced β-hairpin folding of the Glycoprotein Ibα β-switch.
- Stabilization of native and non-native structures by salt bridges in a lattice model of the GCN4 leucine dimer.
- The trigger sequence in the GCN4 Leucine zipper: alpha-helical propensity and multistate dynamics of folding and dimerization.
- Lattice model simulation of interchain protein interactions and the folding dynamics and dimerization of the GCN4 Leucine zipper.
- Sampling of states for estimating the folding funnel entropy and energy landscape of a model alpha-helical hairpin peptide.
- The study of I-V characteristics of single electron triple-barrier tunnel-junction.
Kliment A. Verba, Ray Yu-Ruei Wang, Akihiko Arakawa, Yanxin Liu, Mikako Shirouzu, Shigeyuki Yokoyama, David A. Agard. Science, 352:1542-1547, 2016.
Anna Jean Wirth*, Yanxin Liu*, Maxim B. Prigozhin, Klaus Schulten, and Martin Gruebele. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 137:7152-7159, 2015.
En Cai, Pinghua Ge, Sang Hak Lee, Okunola Jeyifous, Yong Wang, Yanxin Liu, Katie M. Wilson, Sung Jun Lim, Michele A. Baird, John E. Stone, Kwan Young Lee, David G. Fernig, Michael W. Davidson, Hee Jung Chung, Klaus Schulten, Andrew M. Smith, William N. Green, Paul R. Selvin. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 53:12484-12488, 2014.
Highlighted by the Senior Editer in Laser Focus World.
Qiangjun Zhou, Jiangmei Li, Hang Yu, Yujia Zhai, Zhen Gao, Yanxin Liu, Xiaoyun Pang, Lunfeng Zhang, Klaus Schulten, Fei Sun, and Chang Chen, Nature Communications, 5:3552, 2014.
Recommended by F1000Prime.
Yong Wang, Yanxin Liu, Hannah A. DeBerg, Takeshi Nomura, Melinda T. Hoffman, Paul R. Rohde, Klaus Schulten, Boris Martinac, and Paul R. Selvin. eLife, 3:e01834, 2014.
Highlighted in news stories at the UIUC Physics Department and at the NSF Center for the Physics of Living Cells.
Kai Zhang, Li Wang, Yanxin Liu, Kwok-Yan Chan, Xiaoyun Pang, Klaus Schulten, Zhiyang Dong, and Fei Sun. Protein & Cell, 4:432-444, 2013.
Maxim B. Prigozhin, Yanxin Liu, Anna Jean Wirth, Shobhna Kapoor, Roland Winter, Klaus Schulten, and Martin Gruebele. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 110:8087-8092, 2013.
Ying Lai, Jiajie Diao, Yanxin Liu, Yuji Ishitsuka, Zengliu Su, Klaus Schulten, Taekjip Ha, and Yeon-Kyun Shin. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 110:1333-1338, 2013.
Xue Wang, Fengting Xu, Jiasen Liu, Bingquan Gao, Yanxin Liu, Yujia Zhai, Jun Ma, Kai Zhang, Timothy Baker, Klaus Schulten, Dong Zheng, Hai Pang, and Fei Sun. PLOS Pathogens, 9:e1003132, 2013.
Highlighted in news stories at the National Science Foundation (NSF) and at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA).
Yanxin Liu, Johan Strümpfer, Peter L Freddolino, Martin Gruebele, and Klaus Schulten. Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 3:1117-1123, 2012.
Highlighted in Projects in Scientific Computing at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center in both 2011 and 2012.
Yanxin Liu*, Jen Hsin*, HyeongJun Kim, Paul R. Selvin, and Klaus Schulten. Biophysical Journal, 100:2964-2973, 2011.
HyeongJun Kim*, Jen Hsin*, Yanxin Liu*, Paul R. Selvin, and Klaus Schulten. Structure, 18:1443-1449, 2010.
Preview by D. Thirumalai and Z. Zhang.
Peter L. Freddolino, Christopher B. Harrison, Yanxin Liu, and Klaus Schulten. Nature Physics, 6:751-758, 2010.
Xueqing Zou, Yanxin Liu, Zhongzhou Chen, Gloria Ines Cárdenas-Jirón, and Klaus Schulten. Biophysical Journal, 99:1182-1191, 2010.
Yanxin Liu, Prem P. Chapagain, and Bernard S. Gerstman. Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 114:796-803, 2010.
Prem P. Chapagain, Yanxin Liu, and Bernard S. Gerstman. Journal of Chemical Physics, 129:175103, 2008.
Yanxin Liu, Prem P. Chapagain, Jose L. Parra, and Bernard S. Gerstman. Journal of Chemical Physics, 128:045106, 2008.
Prem P. Chapagain, Jose L. Parra, Bernard S. Gerstman, and Yanxin Liu. Journal of Chemical Physics, 127:075103, 2007.
Yanxin Liu, Yongchang Wang, and Shaoyi Du. Acta Physica Sinica, 53:2734-2740, 2004.
- Outstanding Reviewer, Computers in Biology and Medicine, 2015
- Helen Hay Whitney Postdoctoral Fellowship, Helen Hay Whitney Foundation, 2015
- Baxter Young Investigator Award (2nd Tier), Baxter International Inc., 2014
- CBSB13 Outstanding Young Researcher Award, From Computational Biophysics to Systems Biology, 2013
- Chemical Computing Group Excellence Award, 245th American Chemical Society National Meeting, 2013
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad, 2012
- Student Research Achievement Award, Biophysical Society 56th Annual Meeting, 2012
- Young Scientist Travel Award, 17th International Biophysics Congress (IUPAB), 2011
- Student Travel Award, Division of Chemical Physics, American Physical Society March Meeting, 2007
- Outstanding Bachelor Thesis Award, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China, 2004
- Editorial Board: Computers in Biology and Medicine
- Reviewer for Journals: Journal of the American Chemical Society, Nature Communications, PLOS Computational Biology, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, Journal of Molecular Modeling, Current Drug Targets, RSC Advances, Physical Biology, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, Journal of Computer-Aided Molecular Design, PLOS One, Computers in Biology and Medicine