From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2021 - 12:15:08 CST

Hi,
  The standard VMD license, as written, doesn't allow redistribution of
binaries to third parties. Out of curiosity, why are you distributing
your "program" in a docker container? If you made the program independently
available, then it would seem that any existing VMD user could download
and use it, and the license would not be a restriction. It's hard to guess
whether there may be various other practical solutions without knowing
a lot more than what you've stated below, but the suggestion I give above
is a straightforward solution, absent more details about what you're doing.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/