From: Arthur Pereira da Fonseca (arthurpfonseca3k_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 16 2021 - 08:37:57 CST

Hello everyone,

I developed a program to help me run some analysis on a dcd MD. This program uses mostly VMD to perform such analysis. Now I want to distribute this program to my research group and other people interested. Looking at the VMD's license file I saw:

2. Licensee may, at its own expense, create and freely distribute
complimentary works that interoperate with the Software, directing others to
the TCBG server to license and obtain the Software itself.

 The problem is I'm deploying my program as a Docker container, and I need a binary VMD included. Is it possible? Can I verify that the user got a license for VMD? Is there any framework that I can use to validate an user?