From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2021 - 09:28:58 CST

VMD expects that atom identities do not change.

It won't be easy to import existing trajectory files. It may work if you
remove the atom ID columns
Or you could use a different file format that doesn't store atom IDs (e.g.
.xyz, but that has other limitations).
You can also try setting the LAMMPSMAXATOMS environment variable before
launching VMD to the largest atom ID in your file. Then the LAMMPS
trajectory reader will create dummy atoms and put them all to a single
location (0.0 0.0 0.0 by default). see
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/software/lammps-vmd-plugin__;!!DZ3fjg!s_OI_YhSMlQ_FhJJXi70O_epahCZRNExt8BhDhYUC9ej619xRdemrwh_FVjxDoNJVw$

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://goo.gl/1wk0__;!!DZ3fjg!s_OI_YhSMlQ_FhJJXi70O_epahCZRNExt8BhDhYUC9ej619xRdemrwh_FVjIojChUA$