From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2014 - 09:31:25 CDT

Hi,
  Yes, I think this says it all. You are running what is apparently
referred to as a "preview release" of the open source Gallium3D drivers,
which is likely dated to the year 2010. If the Wikipedia page is accurate,
it would seem that there isn't much current development activity going
on there. I would strongly recommend that if possible, you replace this
broken open source driver with the newest NVIDIA commercial driver you
are able to run on your system. I don't know what GPU generation the
"NV92" referred to by the Gallium driver is, but it sounds to me like you
might have a GeForce 9800 or something similar, which is based on the
chipset that NVIDIA called "G92" or "G92B". If my assumption is correct,
then that hardware should be new enough that you can go download and
install a current NVIDIA driver and you would then be rid of the problem
with snapshot.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/