From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 08:44:57 CST

Hi,
  Have you tried updating your ATI driver, this definitely sounds
like some sort of new driver bug I haven't seen previously. You might
try either a newer or older driver version and see if that affects the
behavior you're experiencing. Do any other OpenGL programs run on your
system? What color bit-depth are you running at?